Pages

Monday 21 September 2020

Chapter 66 Response - Children of Blood and Bone

 Chapter 66 – Inan


Father stands in his night robes, scanning a faded map. No sign of hatred. Not

even a hint of disgust.

For him, carving MAGGOT into a girl’s back is just another day’s work.

In that instant it hits me: Zulaikha’s death. Zélie’s screams. They don’t mean a

thing to him. Because they’re maji, they’re nothing.

A message I take from this scene is that Inan don't really want to hurt Zelie and the other maji, he just follow what his father wants in order to save Zelie.

Think about how the word ‘maggot’ is used. This is a slur. Do we have these in real life? - yes

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.