Pages

Wednesday 16 September 2020

Chapter 59 Response - Children of Blood and Bone

 Chapter 59 – Zélie

“How will me coming back to Lagos solve any of that?” I ask. “As we speak,

your father calls for my head!”

“My father’s scared.” Inan shakes his head. “He’s misguided, but his fear is

justified. All the monarchy’s ever seen is the destruction maji can bring.

They’ve never experienced anything like this.” He gestures to the camp, face

alight with so much hope his smile practically glows in the darkness. “Zulaikha

created this in one moon, and there are already more diviners in Lagos than

anywhere else in Orïsha. Just imagine what we could accomplish with the

resources of the monarchy behind us.”


A message I take from this scene is Inan is trying to convince Zelie to go back to Lagos with him, to also prove Inan's changes because of Zelie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.