Pages

Tuesday 15 September 2020

Chapter 56 Response - Children of Blood and Bone

 Chapter 56 – Zélie

We zip through the crowd while celebrants thrust and shimmy by our sides.

Though part of me wants to cry, I crane my neck to take in the crowd, craving

their joy, their life.

The children of Orïsha dance like there’s no tomorrow, each step praising the

gods. Their mouths glorify the rapture of liberation, their hearts sing the

Yoruba songs of freedom. My ears dance at the words of my language, words I

once thought I’d never hear outside my head. They seem to light up the air

with their delight.

It’s like the whole world can breathe again.


This could be compared to a group of people having fun in a feast. Everyone is happy because they are celebrating something special to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.