Pages

Thursday 11 February 2021

ESOL - Learning About Blogging

For ESOl, we have been told to make a blog post about the strategy that the teacher told us to do. We've been learning about 321 RIQ technique. In this blog, I'm going to write about the strategy the teacher taught us.

3 Recalls - 3 things I remembered about the lesson

2 Insights - 2 new things I learnt in this lesson

1 Question - 1 question I have about something I didn't understand or still want to know more about.

So far, what we've been doing is that we introduce our name in front of everyone. It happened in our first ESOL class. For the second lesson, we've been told to write about ourselves for the teacher to know us better. In the third that, the teacher wasn't that satisfied on how long the paragraphs we made, so she made us some questions and we have to answer them. She told us that we have to right at least 200 words in total. That's what happened in our first 3 ESOL lessons.  (3 recalls)

What I also learned in this lesson is that I learned her name and where she came from. She was already teaching students in the other part of New Zealand and just moved here. So, she's been learning on how  blogging and the school works. Another thing that I learned is that I now know how to write 200+ words in one hour. It helped me because I also need it for my other subjects as well, not just in ESOL.  (2 insights)

What I want to know more about is that what topic are we gonna study about for this year. I'm a little interested to know them.(1 question)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Myka. Thank you for posting. To answer your question, this year we will cover several topics as we work towards your NCEA Level 1 credits in ESOL. I am happy to include topics that you might find interesting, so let me know what your suggestions are.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.