Pages

Wednesday 20 June 2018

Writing - How Does Your Heart Work?


How Does Your Heart Work?



What is a Heart? Your heart is a muscular organ that pumps blood to your body. The human heart is an
organ that pumps blood throughout the body via the circulatory system, supplying oxygen and nutrients to
the tissues and removing carbon dioxide and other wastes. Your heart is at the centre of your circulatory
system.


The heart has four chambers: right atrium, left atrium, right ventricle, left ventricle. Your right atrium and
right ventricle receives blood that’s low in oxygen from  your whole body and sends it to your lungs
through the Pulmonary Artery. The lungs fill blood with oxygen that your left atrium receives then flows
through the left ventricle through the Aortic Artery.

Your veins carry blood to the heart and your arteries carry blood away from the heart. Your rib cage protect
your heart from danger and your heart is about the size of your fist and it doesn’t take  a rest.

It can beat more than 100,000 times in one day pumping about 2000 gallons of blood through your body.
There is about 60,000 miles of vessels in your circulatory system and it always keep them full. It have four
valves that open and close that control the blood through your heart. The Bicuspid, Pulmonary, Mitral and
Aortic valves.

Our heart is a important organ to our body. There’s a lot of interesting information's that you will know
about your heart. Take care of your heart if you want a long and beautiful life.


Something I need to improve:

- I think I need to make my writing into a year 9 quality work because as time passes, I will be a year 9
soon.



What I learned from this assignment:

- I learn from my assignment is that your heart helps your whole body to work, you can't live without
heary


Something I did well:

- Year 8 quality work.

Comment from my partner:

- It is very good explanation writing. You can tell people how to look after your heart. Well done!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.