Pages

Friday 19 March 2021

11ESOL | The River - Opinion

In Esol, we are reading a book called "The River". We're reading this because we need to improve our reading and speaking skills. Every time we read the book, each students needs to read a part until the teacher tells them to stop. What I like about the book is that it is almost based on a true story even though it is not. We didn't read the hatchet (the prequel of the book) but the teacher made a small summary about the story so that we have enough time to read The River. So far, I have nothing I don't like in the book because it is good. 

What I learned in today's lesson is that a thing from the book where a person is in a coma, they can't drink or else if you force them, they'll choke. However, I don't know how coma people drink or maybe I think they put a tube on their mouth and they put the drink on the tube and it goes directly in their stomach. 

We were also learning about parallel learning of a essay structure. I already know how to construct an essay properly but what I want to learn is that how to write an essay. I still need to improve my writing because when I write, it's not that formal and the words that I used aren't that deep. What I want to improve is my vocabulary. Knowing more words makes writing easier because you don't have to explain the whole meaning of a word in a sentence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.