Pages

Tuesday 20 October 2020

Essay Practice - Children of Blood and Bone

 In english, we're practising on how to write an essay for our upcoming essay assessment. Here's my work.


Statement

Example/Evidence (include a quote)

EXplain quote

EXplain Effect on the Reader

Your link -- to another part of the text

Your link -- to the wider world

The incident of Binta dying helped me to understand the important idea of how ruthless King Saran is because it showed me that even though Binta is Amari’s friend, King Saran still killed her because she’s a maji.

We see this in the text when King Saran made Binta touch the scroll and discovered that she’s a maji. A quote that can be use in this text is “Father’s sword plunges through her chest”.

This means that King Saran has finally killed Binta by stabbing her in the chest. 

This made the reader feel wroth to King Saran because Binta don’t deserve to be killed just because she’s a maji.

It reminded me of another important part in the book when King Saran ordered his guards to carved the word ‘maggot’ on Zelie’s back, because this also shows the idea of King Saran being ruthless.

In the real world, this idea is important because some people want vengeance when someone did something bad to them.

Another way the incident of Binta’s death helped me to understand the important idea of how sad Amari was because she is the only friend she has.

We see this in the text when...

This means that…

This made the reader feel________ because _________.

It reminded me of another important part in the book when __________, because this also shows the idea of __________.

In the real world, this idea is important because ___________.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.