Pages

Friday 14 February 2020

Tomorrow, When the War Began - Before Reading

Learning Outcome: We're reading a book called 'Tomorrow, When the War Began' and we have some questions that we have to answer before reading the book.

One advertisement for 'Tomorrow, When the War Began' states: "Hell isn't only a place for the damned, sometimes it's a place where the saved take refuge... Seven teenagers take a trip to hell. And seven come back. To hell."


1. What do you think this statement means?
- I think it's about some teenagers who went into a trip for their school holidays, then their trip didn't go in the way they wanted to and encountered some danger.

2. What could 'hell' mean in this context? 
- War or dangerous place

3. Why do you think the story is entitled 'Tomorrow, When the War Began'?
- I think that they don't know that something bad will happen in the future.

4. What does that make you think the book will be about?
- About some teenagers who's fighting in a war.

5. What do you think the characters will be like?
- Scared because their still teenagers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.