Pages

Monday 15 October 2018

Cybersmart Challenge #1

Question :  Explorers from Kushiro, Pevek and Namsos arrive at the North Pole and check their watches. If they arrived at 11 : 42 am, 12 : 17 pm and 3 am, respectively, which team was first?

North pole to Kushiro is 17 hours  =  3 : 06 pm to 8 : 06 am

North pole to Pevek is 20 hours and 1 minute  =  3 : 06 pm to 11 : 07 am

North pole to Namsos is 10 hours  =  3 : 06 pm to 1 : 07 am

According to google, I've searched this places and I saw that North Pole is a bit late than this countries.
For example, North Pole time is 3 : 06 pm, October 14 2018. Then these 3 places are already at October 15 2018.

Answer :  Namsos is the first team to arrived at the North Pole.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Myka

    Well done explaining how you solved the question by using time zones. What did you type into your search to get these answers? Did you remember to use only the key words like Miss Morgan taught us on Monday?

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.