Pages

Tuesday 18 September 2018

Geometry Nets

In Maths, we have been working on the nets of 3D shapes. So we are about to create some 2 different pieces and 3D shapes and stick them together.

Our W.A.L.T is :
We are learning to create and construct nets of different 3D shapes.

My shapes are called:

- Hexagrammic Pyramid
- Icosahedron

Hexagrammic Pyramid has ...
Faces  -  6
Edges  -  12
Vertices  -  7

Icosahedron has ... 
Faces  -  20
Edges  -  30
Vertices  -  12


Hexagrammic Pyramid 

Image result for Hexagrammic PyramidImage result for Hexagrammic Pyramid



Icosahedron

Image result for IcosahedronImage result for Icosahedron


This task is a little bit hard. Because I haven't seen those shapes before, but I can do it. The only struggle in this task is the part of sticking your shapes together but they don't stick. It also stick in your hand and when you remove the glue the paper will get ripped. But I searched some information in google of how to do it but nothing is the same as our task. I never gave up doing it, until I reached the point that I stick them all together without any struggle. That's how I did my nets easily.







1 comment:

  1. Nice job Myka! I like how you included pictures of the nets as well as the constructed 3D shapes! Well done on this task!

    When your difficult shape was getting tricky, how did you show our school value of resilience?

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.