Pages

Friday 26 February 2021

ESOL - Lost In The Mountains

In our ESOL class, we had a student teacher teaching us. The student teacher taught us some things about him. And for our first class with him, we have to write an essay for about 250 words. Our topic is "What three items would be best to have if you were lost in the mountains in New Zealand in winter, and why?". We had about 30 minutes to write it and we can also do it at home but its not necessary.

My essay.


Have you ever thought about getting lost in a mountain during winter? And then plan what things you would do in order to survive. If I’m ever going to be lost in a mountain, the three best items that I would think to bring are axe, lighter, and a tent. I know that you already know that people need heat whenever they get cold. So lighter would be a big help for your survival in the mountain. In order to produce fire, you only need a pile of woods and a cause of fire which is a lighter. You can also cook foods with fire, it makes you warm and the source of light during the night time. The second thing I would bring is an axe, because how can you start a fire without woods. I’ll choose axe instead of a hatchet because I think axe is much safer than a hatchet because I don’t have any idea on how to use axe or hatchet because if I use a hatchet, I might accidentally cut my hand or fingers. You can also use an axe to cut woods and if you’re quite good at hunting, you can hunt animals and eat them. And the last thing that I would bring is a tent. I would bring a tent because I won’t know until when I’m going to be lost. So you can call your tent as your temporary shelter while you’re on the mountains. You can also sleep there every night so you don’t have to worry about the cold breeze or animals that may attack you while you sleep. So in the end, I would bring an axe, tent and a lighter because I think they make the best combination in survival.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.