Pages

Monday 27 July 2020

English - Children Of Blood And Bone

LO: To connect scenes in real life.

Chapter 2:
“It’s a diviner tax.” I grip the draped fabric of my pants, still haunted by the
guard’s touch. “They came for Mama Agba, too. Probably hitting every home in
Ilorin.”
Tzain presses his fists to his forehead as if he could smash through his own
skull. He wants to believe that playing by the monarchy’s rules will keep us
safe, but nothing can protect us when those rules are rooted in hate.

This can be compared to things like corrupted countries. The government keep stealing money from its people and never stop. The people needs to work hard just to pay the taxes then if they didn't pay it, they might end up in prison.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.