Pages

Tuesday 3 March 2020

Creative Writing - Slam Poetry

Learning Outcome: For our english, we have to make a blog post about slam poetry to answer the following questions about the poetry we've watched.

Link: http://www.newzealandpoetryslam.com/video.html

1. Which was your favourite performance? Why?
- I don't have a favourite performance but I like "I'm not gay but I'd go gay for John Key". I like it because the poetry is not long and I can understand it.

2. Write two thoughtful opinions about your favourite piece and support these opinions with specific evidence (quotes) from the text (at least 2) in your discussion:
- It's funny.
("It's brave when he speaks because he has the courage to be a leader but to not bother to sound like one")
- He used some simile.
("His voice cuts through me like a knife through overpriced butter")

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.