Pages

Tuesday 6 November 2018

Maths


So for our today's Maths, we are about to roll a dice and then record each numbers we got. We will need to create a chart in a google drawing. 

So we have a character named Shelly and her parents asked her if he would love to have $5 a week in a year or roll a dice in each week.


Option 1:  $5 a week

Option 2:  Roll a dice

Dice numbers:

1  -  $1
2  -  $2
3  -  $4
4  -  $5
5  -  $7
6  -  $10

So this are the numbers that we got. I worked with a partner to do this chart.



Question: Base on your experiment, what advice would you give to Shelley? How are you sure your advice is good?

- I think rolling a dice is better than receiving $5 a week. Because if we use probability, we are not sure what will we get, so rolling is better because for example, if you get number 6 you would have $10 which is double up by $5. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.