Pages

Friday 28 February 2020

Creative Writing - Simile and Metaphor

Learning Objective: Write two of your own creative and original similes and metaphors and add this to your post. Add images to make your post visually appealing.

What is a metaphor?
- Metaphor is a figure of speech that describe's another thing in another phrase but it's not true.

Examples:
- I have a pig brother.

Image result for peppa pig brother


- You're a tree!
Image result for tall man with a tree


What is a simile?
- Simile is a figure of speech that is also like metaphor, but it uses 'like' or 'as' to describe a thing.

Examples:
- You move like a robot.
- I'm tall as a giraffe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.